Lifting table? (what do you stand your on?)

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Has anyone else considered the best height of an all in one kettle?
How best to get the malt tube out (low) and then how to get the beer out (higher) ?

Anyone tried a lifting table?

https://uk.vevor.com/hydraulic-moto...Feyld2NZjsfG7FKGgIjP2O4uVhFCiDyBoCKowQAvD_BwE
Thoughts please?
Mate of mine uses one of these. Has his Brewzilla on it so it can be pumped up to a heigh for transferring into his fermenter Whitchurch is sat on a raised platform. Saves lifting the filled fermenter up onto the platform following transfer. I’m never sure if fermenter handles are actually load rated for when they are full of wort, so beat not to rely on them.

Ah, thanks. If you ferment in the kettle, do you have a way of getting the hop mush out first, or do you not worry about that? I had never thought about fermenting in kettle before. Cheers
Both ways seem to work well. I dump mine out to a bucket, rinse it out and return.
Nashbrew ferments on trub.

Note: I don't use the kettle element. I added a lower power one.

I
Couldn't help myself had to brew today (just finished).
Why didn't I buy one of these years ago. Very good indeed.

Goes from low (enough to easily lift mash tube out) right upto worktop height. Much less paraphernalia than a hoist*. Plenty stable. Good height for bottling too. Think this will half my bottling time.

This is a fork truck for the brew shed.
Motorcycle Jack scissor Lift Amazon.co.uk

*Hmm.. 🤔 I might try a reverse hoist (if that's even a thing). Secure the mash tube to the ceiling with a bit of rope, (chain / red string / boot lace / fence wire etc ) with the lift high, and then lower the kettle away from it.
I suspect they've had an uptake in orders from Home Brewers as it's now OOS.

After 15 days awaiting delivery of a lifting table from Amazon marketplace, I received a message this morning from the seller saying that they have issued a refund which I should receive within 4 days. 🤔

Heigh ho.

Last edited:
Back