Little bottler etc.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

baggyray

Reaction score
Having bottled my first 3 brews using the "old fashioned" method :evil: I invested my hard earned into buying a bottle drainer,non-rinse steriliser,and,most importantly...a little bottler.
As a result I have transformed 3 hours of b***s aching tedium into a one hour job,thus freeing up much of my Satdee so that I can actually have a life :clap: :clap:
I can highly recommend this investment to any fellow newbies :thumb:

Little Bottler is a bottling stick
little_bottler_270.jpg

Old fashioned method...not sure...I'd guess a siphon tube with a tap on the end?

I use siphon tube with a tap on the end without any problems. Perhaps i just don't know the benefits on a little bottler.

I have used a little bottler from the start as the kit I bought included it, I have tried syphoning and although it works well the little bottler is way cleaner and more user friendly :cheers:

Hollow Legs said:
...... the little bottler is way cleaner and more user friendly :cheers:

and its quicker, with being spring loaded it's a one handed operation :thumb: it also takes apart dead easy for cleaning, or just leave it to soak in your sanitiser of your choice :idea:

One of those little bits of kit that I wouldn't be without :thumb:

Last time I looked, a bottle drainer cost more than I was prepared to spend. Was it really worth the money vs standing them upside down on a tea towel?

jonnymorris said:
Last time I looked, a bottle drainer cost more than I was prepared to spend. Was it really worth the money vs standing them upside down on a tea towel?
If you can get 40 bottles to stand up ( upside down ) on a sloping draining board 20"x 15" then you're a better man than me :lol:

is it important you drain them out ? my few that iv done for my first go would of been i bit well inside ,

then bottlers look good though , thats next on the list

Fair point. I'm used to barrels but am planning on bottling my latest brew.

Thinking about it now I can imagine it might turn out to be a bit of a nightmare without a bottle tree.

Toastie said:
is it important you drain them out ? my few that iv done for my first go would of been i bit well inside ,

To me,it's not so much the draining aspect that's important,it's the storage and movement advantages of the drainer,you can move 40 ish bottles relatively easily.

ye my next go is going to be bottles , id not considered it will be a bit of a pain . more kit fror the list :) i could of bought out whitbead buy now :)

Latest posts

Back