LOTS of brews in one day!

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SamWise72

Reaction score
All my DJs were empty, so I decided to kick a few things off. First off, 25 litres of turbo cider. Tesco are having their 3 for 2 offer, so it seemed the perfect moment, PLUS elderflowers are almost ready, and I want to do an elderflower cider, dry-hopped with elderflowers after fermentation. I converted a camping roller water-barrel as an extra fermenter ("convverted means drilled the lid for an airlock), and set it off.

My Rose WOW has been going down well (substitutes red grape for the orange) so I kicked off another of those, then a pineapple WOW, and then an attempt with 4 cartons of red grape and 500g sugar, as suggested on Jim's beer kit. Tesco have introduced an apple and mango drink with no sorbates or sulfites, so I decided to experiment with that; a DJ full with pectolase and no added sugar for a cider type of brew. Finally, coffee wine/liquer. 3 tablespoons of coffee, 1.2 kilos of sugar. The advice is to keep feeding it with sugar to 1.020 til the yeasties turn up their toes, then sweeten to taste for a Tia Maria type of thing. Should be interesting, and it smelled good!

Between that and racking my two previous WOWs and a mango wine from pulp, I was busy. Also took the hydrometer to my brown ale, and discovered that it has pretty much finished, despite only starting it on Thurs night!

Do you not get some strange looks in the supermarket when your 'grocery shop' is 2 lbs of ginger, 5 OJ, 5WGJ, 6 AJ, 10 5l bottles of water and 15 bags of sugar..... (although to be fair, last time I was shopping for a big brew day, sugar, WGJ, 5l bottles of water and OJ were all on a BOGOF, so I got 20 of everything...... online shop, so it was delivered. Delivery guy looked at me like I had two heads.

I buy the water so I can do some bulk ageing, but now I need some BOGOF shelving for storage.

Latest posts

Back