raspberry wine and cider day

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Wife has decided that she doesnt like the raspberry and lemon fruit tea that she got last weekend, so have decided to do an experiment and make a fruit tea 'wine' with it.
Whilst I am at it, might as well bung on a turbo cider - as she also picked up a Raspberry cordial and doesnt like that either....

So the 'wine' - 4l water boiled up with 1kg sugar and 12 raspberry and lemon tea bags and 1 regular yorkshire tea bag
Left to cool and then added some yeast nutrient along with some Lalvin (K1V-1116) All Purpose wine yeast. I will leave this to finish primary fermentation and then top the DJ up with some boiled water and leave to mature for a month before bottling. I have no idea how this one will come out, raspberry - yes. Raspberry and lemon???
Either way, I am not calling this a wine, its a 'wine' - as its basically a sugar wash with flavourings in it. I've done 'ciders' and 'wines' like this before and they are very drinkable, but its not Wine. OG 1.090 and should come out around 12% or so.

Cider is being made with some fancy-ass cordial that doesnt contain any flavourings or preservatives. Literally raspberry juice concentrate, sugar and that is it. Once opened it has to be used in 2 weeks type of thing. So its safe to use for brewing, as the plague of metabisulphates isnt an issue for the yeast.
4l apple juice from concentrate courtesy of Lidl, some Safale sweetened cider yeast, some yeast nutrient and 250ml of the raspberry cordial per deminjohn and we have 2 demijohns ready to go! OG 1.060 and expecting this to get to approx 5.5%
Hopefully it will be ready for Christmas, but if not - doesnt really matter.

3 DJs ready to stink out my office and hopefully not explode all over the carpet (might put some plastic sheeting down just in case)
Ignore the mess. the bag has 30 bottles of saison carbing up and the bucket has 15l ale thats going to get bottled in a few days.

Attachments

• PXL_20221119_125257345.jpg
    PXL_20221119_125257345.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 2
Back