Making Mead

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

marmite

Reaction score
I went to a beer festival in Mkt Bosworth last weekend and sampled some mead for the first time. I thought it was a nice drink and SWIMBO was even more impressed. Having a few hives of my own and at least a hundredweight of honey going begging I thought I might give it a go.
Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Why oh why do all these local festivals happen before i find out lol
There are plenty of good mead recipes on here just use the search but make sure you have plenty of DJs as it takes quite a long time to ferment and even longer to reach a drinkable state.
ps if you have any spare honey let me know ;)

Mead is fairly straight forward. To get a fermentation to take a few weeks and not months make sure you do step nutrient additions and aerate till the at the start, stir to resuspend yeast in the middel and just leave it be to finish at the end. Have a look at my Raspberry Melomel

Secondly a great wealth of knowledge is avalible at GotMead. THese guys know what they are talking about when it comes to mead :thumb:

p.s. Like marmite if you need to shift some honey give me a shout :whistle: :grin: :grin:

Back