Malt miller recent experience

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
IMG_20230712_090904_740.jpg

This arrived today with lots of goodies. I like the branded packaging rather than any old random box to hand that some others use.

There is another reason for this post, they sell beer 🍻, I bought a few cans which was an excellent way to get over the free postage amount. Then got carried away anyway. But a great way to get ingredients and beer all in one.

Well done MM 👍🏻

I did start putting an order together with another supplier but when it came to select ingredients everything was lumped in one category after 2 pages of scrolling though stuff I didn't need I gave up so that's a lost order for them.

I normally look at dried yeasts , pick those in stock I want, then move onto extract, then hops. Having them all jumbled up Is a website change that may well cost them.

View attachment 87775

This arrived today with lots of goodies. I like the branded packaging rather than any old random box to hand that some others use.

There is another reason for this post, they sell beer 🍻, I bought a few cans which was an excellent way to get over the free postage amount. Then got carried away anyway. But a great way to get ingredients and beer all in one.

Well done MM 👍🏻

I did start putting an order together with another supplier but when it came to select ingredients everything was lumped in one category after 2 pages of scrolling though stuff I didn't need I gave up so that's a lost order for them.

I normally look at dried yeasts , pick those in stock I want, then move onto extract, then hops. Having them all jumbled up Is a website change that may well cost them.
Nice one thank you, plus supporting a forum sponsor as well;)

Seriously though great packaging. Here's some of what was in the box...

IMG-20230712-WA0001.jpeg

I have already put the hops and yeast in the fridge/freezer.

The muntons dark LME 🤫 I normally use DME are for my Janet's treat ( it's a porter) something dark and not as BIG as my impy/quads.

Still £30 for 17 litres or so is good going. Especially when it's 6%+

Edit: grandson's high chair NOT included

Last edited:
I got one of their Grade 2 kegs Welded, I’ve looked at the keg in detail and cant see where it has been repaired Bargain Price £42 I ordered this week and it arrived a day later can fail the Malt Miller in any way.

My Miller's Tale...
I got an order from those guys last year, when the minimum for free postage was £100. Good to see they've lowered it to £65 like others now. Great company, and one can get the Lutra yeast and other more exclusive type stuff. Couldn't resist getting a few beers also. A one stop shop! I like the look of their small grain kits too (just makes the 1 gallon or something) because I don't have any massive cookware and besides, a novice like me can dip my toe in the water without worrying about screwing up a full 40 pints...
Apart from the dear price of brewing sugar, they are obviously very competitive. I like their youtube demos too.

Last edited:
I've always had good experience with Malt Miller. I get 85% of my ingredients and equipment from them (that'll increase now they are bringing in more Kegland products).
They held a meet-up event on Wednesday at my local home brew club, and the enthusiasm they show in their videos isn't just for show, it's genuine.

Big fan of the Malt Miller! 1.) Their ingredients are top notch 2.) Their service is excellent and they were awesome during the pandemic 3.) They use DPD to deliver to the Highlands (Evri seems to have disappeared as an option for me, which is just fine!) and their £11 shipping fee (no free shipping for me 😢) is much cheaper than pretty much all equivalent shops.

They probably have the best customer service in the business (along with CML).

I’ve often found them significantly more expensive than their competitors, but for my last big order they were around 10% cheaper than the other 2 shops I compared them against for my full basket of ingredients!

Latest posts

Back