Mangrove Jack Craft Series Mixed Berry Cider

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Class68driver

Reaction score
A very nice drinkable cider, to be honest you wouldn't know this was home brew unless you were told. Started this on a Monday and it measured in at 1050, left it until Sunday and it was down to 1008, I had already added the sweetener when I first started, I added the whole sachet as I like a sweet cider but you can adjust this if you like a dry cider. Added the flavour sachet and 3 days after that it was down to 1006 and going into bottles. I'm giving most of this away to the wife's friends so it went into 500ml PET bottles. Left it for 10 days and I'm very impressed it has cleared really well and tastes very nice. Also it tastes very deceiving alcohol wise but after 2 bottles you know about it!! Nice kit and one I would recommend. Cheers 🍻

Done this kit several times, and as you say is very drinkable. You said you added the flavouring whilst it was still fermenting, even though they suggest adding it in after fermentation has finished. This didn’t affect it in any way then?

Makes more sense, since you need to gently stir to mix the flavour in, and any sediment disturbed would have settled out again ready for packaging.

Done this kit several times, and as you say is very drinkable. You said you added the flavouring whilst it was still fermenting, even though they suggest adding it in after fermentation has finished. This didn’t affect it in any way then?

Makes more sense, since you need to gently stir to mix the flavour in, and any sediment disturbed would have settled out again ready for packaging.
No it didn't affect it at all mate, end result was 44 500ml bottles of a very nice cider. Cheers 🍻

If the add back flavour is non fermentable, why not add it at the same time as the sweetener?

Opinions??

Back