Mash tun sparge plates...

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Clint

Forum jester...🏅🏆
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hello all
I use the pretty much standard square blue Igloo cooler for a mash tun and for my sparge I cut a piece of foil and stab it full of holes to place on top of the grain bed. It sort of works but is a bit of a faff on brew day.
Has anyone made or had made a reusable steel/aluminium alternative? What hole size?
I’ve found a seller on flea bay that will do a stainless steel 300mm x 300mm x 3mm perforations for about £12. This is the nearest non custom size and accounts for the internal contours of the tun but does leave around a 10mm gap around the edges..

Hello all
I use the pretty much standard square blue Igloo cooler for a mash tun and for my sparge I cut a piece of foil and stab it full of holes to place on top of the grain bed. It sort of works but is a bit of a faff on brew day.
Has anyone made or had made a reusable steel/aluminium alternative? What hole size?
I’ve found a seller on flea bay that will do a stainless steel 300mm x 300mm x 3mm perforations for about £12. This is the nearest non custom size and accounts for the internal contours of the tun but does leave around a 10mm gap around the edges..
Try an old frying pan with a few holes in it... You never know.
I did have a pizza dish drilled to fit the bottom of the Burco boiler as a hop trap but stood on when I dropped it whilst cleaning. A bit of foil over it would save a few pennies.

Latest posts

Back