Misophonia

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Was in the pub last Saturday and I could see a woman across the room eating with her mouth wide open it was like watching a washing machine going. Thank god I couldn’t hear her as I would have had to switch tables or put a big elastic band from her jaw over her head to make her close her mouth when chewing. It drives me loopy that way of eating.

I doubt many guests are going to ask you to remove the clock batteries because the tick irritates them they are just going to put up with it even though it drives them mad.
Lol you’re probably right.

I’ve invested in some loop earplugs to see if they help. My girlfriend suggested them a while ago but I was optimistically hoping it would get better. It actually got worse.

Loop? As in for the hard of hearing?

What was the SNR of them? (single number ratio)

No Loop is the brand name of the earplugs, they’re made for noise sensitivity and other associated things. I Googled SNR and I wasn’t sure what it meant but they allegedly block 24db. I got the Loop Quiet to try out but they do another one that blocks 18db that I may try at some point as well.

No Loop is the brand name of the earplugs, they’re made for noise sensitivity and other associated things. I Googled SNR and I wasn’t sure what it meant but they allegedly block 24db. I got the Loop Quiet to try out but they do another one that blocks 18db that I may try at some point as well.

Ah ok. I work for a plastics company and we make earplugs. Think ours are 19 but don't quote me lol

Yeah I cannot stand a loud ticking clock
I find it comforting, reminds me of peaceful summer holidays in my grandma's house with her cuckoo clock.

Oddly enough it was also at bedtime that he used to do it. We used to have to carry him upstairs every night due to old age and medical problems.
Sorry I lost track, was this the dog or you're husband?

..... :coat:

Nope. Even worse. Jumbled mess of noise. (for me anyway)

It's such a relief when the irritating noise stops though. It's like someone is hitting you with a hammer and then they suddenly stop 😂

Your brain can suddenly relax and you don't have to be anxious anymore. It's actually quite debilitating.