Modified Coopers Stout

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wardy

Reaction score
The Coopers Stout with extra dark DME, Lyles Golden syrup and treacle has blown my expectations out of the water.
ABV 5.6%
Poured a cheeky half pint after tasting the the sample and the body is great, the head is thick and creamy and it tastes amazing with a lovely malty aftertaste.
If this improves with age and slight carbonation I can't imagine how great it will be.

Lovely to hear!
I was just as chuffed when I tried mine not long ago. An absolute beauty of a pint. It's hard to comprehend it's home brew when it's better than so many commercial Stouts I've bought. Everything I've read seem to indicate it's bombproof too, what's not to love? I can't wait to start knocking up some partial mashes to go with the tin. Next up for me is an attempt at a milk Stout.

Lovely to hear!
I was just as chuffed when I tried mine not long ago. An absolute beauty of a pint. It's hard to comprehend it's home brew when it's better than so many commercial Stouts I've bought. Everything I've read seem to indicate it's bombproof too, what's not to love? I can't wait to start knocking up some partial mashes to go with the tin. Next up for me is an attempt at a milk Stout.
Yes, I'm looking forward to AG brews and fine tuning the flavour of IPA and dark beer. I might regret my half pint tomorrow because I left about an inch in the glass and when I poured it away 2 hours later there was about 2mm of sediment in the narrow glass.

Back