Moonshine

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Hi all, I was at the galtres beer festival last week and we settled on a nice clear cider called 'moonshine' basically I was wandering if anyone knows where to get the recipe or if there s a kit to produce my own variation of this highly drinkable cider?

Many thanks :cheers:

oldbloke said:
http://www.ratebeer.com/beer/moonshine-cider/110191/ has some great comments on it.
Never tried it myself.
No idea where you might get a recipe.

Yep this is the stuff, might have to do some research :thumb:

You could always try emailing broadoak. We had a polybin of it at the Uni of York beer festival last year, it was the first cider to sell out. It just tastes like apple juice if I remember, far too drinkable for a 7.5% cider (not that I'm complaining :grin: )

We had 20L of it at our bbq 2 weeks ago. Lovely to drink but strange effect! The alcohol creeps up on you, then........
BAM!!! :drunk: not too good the next day either :sick:
Bought it online. Worked out around £1.35 a pint.

Not too bad really. I'd love to know what type of apple they use to get such an apply flavour after fermentation. Broadoak's perry is rather nice as well, also dangerously drinkable :grin:

Brewtrog said:
Not too bad really. I'd love to know what type of apple they use to get such an apply flavour after fermentation. Broadoak's perry is rather nice as well, also dangerously drinkable :grin:
:lol: :lol: I doubt any apple went near this cider! I think it's more of a turbo type made from juice?

muddy90 said:
Brewtrog said:
:lol: :lol: I doubt any apple went near this cider! I think it's more of a turbo type made from juice?

I dunno, probably just a lot of desert apples in the mix. You're probably more likely to get the taste from a well mixed bunch of apples than from supermarket AJ.

Latest posts

Back