Morrisons cuts petrol price to below £1 a litre

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chippy_Tea

Administrator.
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Morrisons has become the first major retailer to cut the price of petrol to below the £1 per litre threshold at all of its forecourts across the UK.

The move comes after oil prices fell to an 18-year low last month, with some questioning why it took retailers so long to pass on the saving.

The AA said it hoped more retailers would follow Morrisons' move.

The RAC said the lower price was "much more reflective of what the retailer is itself paying to buy the fuel in".

Morrisons said for a typical 50-litre fill up, customers will save £4.50 compared to the current national average price of petrol.

In April, some filling stations around the country had been reportedly offering petrol at less than £1, but this is thought to be the first time a national chain has sold petrol throughout the UK below the threshold since February 2016.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-52619118

Of course it will...as soon as we're let out of our cages it'll go through the roof...I hope there's some cheap beer going in the pubs.

Of course it will...as soon as we're let out of our cages it'll go through the roof...I hope there's some cheap beer going in the pubs.

There will be lots whether its drinkable is another thing.

Only this week I was wondering how much fuel was. I haven't been to town since lockdown was announced. Thought it was be less than £1. I managed to order heating oil at 17.5p a litre the other day.

Yeah, same here had 500 ltrs delivered a month or so back and the wife seen the price so ordered 500 more, shame we don't have a bigger tank.

Yeah, same here had 500 ltrs delivered a month or so back and the wife seen the price so ordered 500 more, shame we don't have a bigger tank.
Everyone is saying that. Only a few weeks ago i was offered a free tank. Didn't fancy the 100 mile round trip.

Morrisons has become the first major retailer to cut the price of petrol to below the £1 per litre threshold at all of its forecourts across the UK.

The move comes after oil prices fell to an 18-year low last month, with some questioning why it took retailers so long to pass on the saving.

The AA said it hoped more retailers would follow Morrisons' move.

The RAC said the lower price was "much more reflective of what the retailer is itself paying to buy the fuel in".

Morrisons said for a typical 50-litre fill up, customers will save £4.50 compared to the current national average price of petrol.

In April, some filling stations around the country had been reportedly offering petrol at less than £1, but this is thought to be the first time a national chain has sold petrol throughout the UK below the threshold since February 2016.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-52619118
TESCO and local filling stations except MAXOL have had it lowered for a few weeks here now and the price of heating oil is unreal as the last time I seen it this cheap was nearly 20 years ago.

Haven't filled either mine or the missus car in a very long time. The weekend before last we nipped over the storage place where we keep our caravan and upon getting in the car struggled to remember the last time I drove anywhere, could just about remember how to drive 😆

A quick search on petrolprices.com shows a local independent stations selling unleaded at 94.7p per litre and diesel under £1.

I filled my car just before lockdown and have done less than 20 miles since.

I paid $1.14/ litre for diesel, about 57 pence a litre. Unleaded is $0.80 a litre. about 40 pence are you sure you guys aren't talking gallon price?

Latest posts

Back