Motorcyclist fined after fireball Cambridge car crash

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Who in your view was to blame for the crash?

• The Biker

• The Car driver

Results are only viewable after voting.
A better picture, the bike is at least three car lengths from the car turning, the cars in front of it are obstructing the drivers view as its a slight curve so the driver should have waited until they had a clear view of the road ahead before moving regardless of what speed the bike was doing.

bbbre.JPG

Correct Chippy if you are turning right and can not see enough clear road to do a safe manoeuvre he should have waited until he could see further up the road which makes him at fault.
Ps I think he could see better than the pics show as he was in the middle of the road right on the white line but either ways he is at fault

Correct Chippy if you are turning right and can not see enough clear road to do a safe manoeuvre he should have waited until he could see further up the road which makes him at fault.
Ps I think he could see better than the pics show as he was in the middle of the road right on the white line but either ways he is at fault
Exactly.

If there was a car travelling in front of the bike at the same tee junction and had to brake suddenly to avoid a pedestrian or whatever, the motor bike would still have ploughed into the back of it. Speed was the primary issue in this collision , learning to pre emp other road users mistakes and allowing for it, is what keeps most of us out of accidents

I disagree the driver did not make sure there was enough free road before turning against any possible oncoming traffic.
There is a bend in the road and the cars in front would have been obscuring a view far enough to do a safe right turn IMO
Edit a large proportion of drivers who have never ridden a bike are impervious to there existence and thats where you get the famous phrase" Sorry I did not see you".I think the car driver must take most of the blame

If there was a car travelling in front of the bike at the same tee junction and had to brake suddenly to avoid a pedestrian or whatever, the motor bike would still have ploughed into the back of it.
Why add scenarios the bottom line is as a road user you are supposed to make sure its safe to make a manoeuvre before you make it the driver didn't and as i said above the speed of the motorcycle is irrelevant and is not mentioned in the OP it may be a 30 mph road and he may have been doing 30 mph the car driver is at fault for not driving with due care and attention!

Latest posts

Back