Muntons gold continental Pils yeast?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BarlingStu

Reaction score
Hi all, just received the above kit, the yeast provided says lager yeast, but the instructions say to brew between 18 and 21 oC.
I assume that the instructions are generic for all of these kits. Would the yeast be an ale yeast or a true lager strain?
I don't want to start this kit without clarification, all help appreciated.
Cheers.

For those who want to know?
I have just spoken to Muntons with regard to this beer kit, and the yeast provided is an actual lager yeast!! They recommended fermenting between 12-15oC, hopefully this kit will turn out very nice indeed.
So if you have bought this kit don't follow the instructions on the box!
Their customer service is very good, and I would recommend a quick phonecall or email if you have any queries.
Hope this helps anyone who is considering brewing this kit

That's what I thought, i did mention the future addition of a card or something inside the box for lagers and such.

They didn't say to add more yeast mate just brew at the above temps with the provided yeast, tbh 6g of yeast doesn't seem like a lot for a premium kit!

As an additional to this thread I ended up pitching 2 x 11g of Saflager in this Muntons, currently in the fridge set to 13 degrees so I will let you know what happens in 10 / 14 days time

As an additional to this thread I ended up pitching 2 x 11g of Saflager in this Muntons, currently in the fridge set to 13 degrees so I will let you know what happens in 10 / 14 days time
Do you remember how this turned out? I have ordered the same kit and Omega Bavarian Lager liquid yeast - I am hopeful.

Latest posts

Back