Muntons Gold Continental Pilsner

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I brewed this but was not impressed and to be honest I would not brew it again. From the lager drinkers who come to our weekly nights in our bar , so for me and our friends. I have o say a big :sick:

But I have brewed a Canadian lager. Which was much better and when I placed it in the fridge it was much better.

This came out a bit on the cloudy side for me. Nice enough though. I did a Coopers Aussie a week after it and it has cleared up nicely despite having a week less conditioning than my Pilsner so far.

mine has been bottled for a week now lovely and clear tasted one last night and it is nice not as strong a flavour as the better brew but i think it will be fine, atb wayne

I like this kit, kept a few bottles for six months, and had some over Christmas... Even better now. It has a slightly Belgium beer feel about it, may be me but certainly feels like it. Some of my mates have tried as as well and I have v good feedback. Will do this kit again for sure.

Cheers

Doug

Interesting reading ;

Just finished this tonight.
Brewed as per kit instructions with no mods and an initial reading of 1044.

Used the included ale yeast.
Intend dry hopping after primary with 33g halllatau mittalfrau (spelling) for three to four days then bottle by batch priming of 180g light spray malt

Question to any forum members who have brewed this with the ale yeast
and also brewed it with a relatively forgiving lager yeast .
Did it fulfill your expectations with and without the kit yeast.

And for people who have brewed this in the past what are your general reviews of this 2 tin kit.

Thanks everyone and will keep indeed keep you informed of my progress ;

Taxi ;

Well it looks like little old me was the last to post on this Muntons ale 20 months ago.
Tried again after 4 attempts over the period

Eight weeks in the making and after two years I feel I have my kit brewings sort of exact.
Sterilization procedures as previosly posted on a nog thread and I could probably operate on you gloveless and you wouldn't even catch a cold.
Milton being my middle name !
Water quality I only ever use Peckham spring !
Timing I only ever use 2+2+2 as a minimum
I brew the kits as is.
Occationaly I may brew a kit with additions I brew the kit with 2 row and I always always keep detailed records ! I sing to them I read poetry at them.
So after two years across these brewing forums I shall give of my personal opinion.

I have brewed this kit upside down and back to front and all results are the same old same old
Home brew twang malty smell not at all like a pilsner
It's an ale but not an ale as we know it jim.
If you chill the entity and all of it's life blood down to very cold fridge temps this will remove any taste and may help you congratulate yourself on a job well done.But then you would be kidding yourself now wouldn't you

Before I log off I would just like to say what great success we have had with the wines.
This is were the quality and savings really are.
Beaverdale and Kendridge worklng out around ���£1.40 a bottle
Same shop quality sold in excess of ���£8 plus
In fact this is the only branch of home brew where the home brew product (kit form) can beat the shop product both in quality and price.

I still have a few ales that I like in dear old beer brew land so will persevere on this my search for the hallowed holy grail.
Adios and enjoy your hobby but I will call a spade a spade and king Canute I am not !

Latest posts

Back