Muntons Imperial Stout

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

arthurbear

Reaction score
Hi to All

I have got my muntons imperial stout in one of my cornys :D :cheers:
I used the forced carbonation method of blasting it through the beer out line hearing the bubbles rise up through my stout,I left the keg in the shed for 24 hours to settle.I pulled the pressure realease valve to release the pressure then set my regulator to 5 psi ( my beer line is ( was ) very short as my cornys sat directly under my pumps )I went to draw half apint,i got half a pint ( of foam that is ).
On reading on the web it seems a good length of pipe is 6ft, so i had plenty of pipe ( 3/8 ) so i made a longer length and coiled it up,this then connects via a 3/8 to 3/16 john guest connector to my beer pump pipe which is another 2 ft approx,I left my regulator set to 5psi and tried another half pint ( Again i got alot of foam but it dispensed like a MR Whippy machine,a little fluid then a slow burst of foam.I have now set my reg to 10 PSI
So the be all and end all question everyone asks is with a 6ft line what pSI will be best to dispense

Or is it a keep trying affair :thumb: :cheers:
One thing though,This Muntons Imperial Stout is amazing well worth the £19 from the local HB shop :D

arthurbear said:
One thing though,This Muntons Imperial Stout is amazing well worth the £19 from the local HB shop :D

Fancy trying this kit - if I did it next weekend 24/25 Oct - does that give it enough time to be properly ready for the Festive period (<10 weeks)?

Fancy trying this kit - if I did it next weekend 24/25 Oct - does that give it enough time to be properly ready for the Festive period (<10 weeks)?

That should be plenty of time,Mine was in the fementing vessal for 8 days,then i transfer to a barrel ( i add no sugar as i transfer mine to a corny ) this had been in the barrel 2 weeks when i transfered it to my corny,forced carbonated waited another 24 hours to settle then tried a pint ( bloody beautiful ) the instructions said 4 weeks till drinking thats why i planned my brewing with halloween in mind, I'm sure it will taste even better in another two weeks ( if i can stop drinking it for that long :D :cheers: :thumb: )

Good Luck wih the brew :thumb:

Latest posts

Back