Muntons Premium Gold Cider

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

padnic

Reaction score
Hello everyone,
I started this kit on the 31st of January, I have followed the instruction carefully and it said that fermentation should last 7 days in a warm place between 18 and 20 celcius, I have done that the temperature I had it is was around 19 and has remained constant throughout the week.

My problem is that bubbles are still rising to the surface and the gravity has still not gone below 1010 which the instructions state mine is between 1012 and 1014 and has not changed for a couple of days.

Should I wait till the bubbles stop or wait till it reaches 1010 gravity? I would have thought that it should have been ready by now!

Paddy

Hi Paddy, i have just bottled exactly the same cider after 7 days at the same temperature :D ....i have not been brewing long and done about 6 kits and 2 pressed apple brews in total but in my experience you will still have a few bubbles rising now and then. And when you add the priming sugar it will kick off the second ferment to add the fizz to the cider anyway :D .......i've bottled mine and it seems fine, just about to put it in the shed to clear down tonight, will let you know in a couple of weeks how it turns out....go for it mate im sure it will be all fine :thumb:
Regards
Lee

Thanks for your reply, ill have a look tomorrow and see if it remains the same gravity, if it is ill just bottle it, please let me know how yours turns out.

Before I look at the cider tonight, has anyone else got any thoughts on it before I bottle it with it still bubbling slightly?

Paddy.

Back