Muntons stout kit advice/reveiw

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Waterboy

Reaction score
I have been waiting for xmas and new year to be over to get a Muntons Gold Stout kit. sounds nice i thought, all malt kit might turn out really nice. but when i went to buy it they were out of stock! but they do have the cheaper, normal Muntons Export Stout kit.

i was thinking about adding 500g dark dried malt extract and 500g normal sugar to this cheaper kit (instead of just a kilo sugar) to try and make it abit nicer.

could anyone tell me if this is a good idea? (or not :wha: ) or if theyve done something simmalar? or if they just have any reveiw type info about this particular kit.

and please no recomendations for other brand brew kits as that would only depress me :( as the shop i use only stocks Muntons and Brewferm kits. and not very many of those!

thanks.

Hi,
For what its worth I have done the Muntons Imperial Stout, 2 can kit.

I made it according to the instructions and bottled it. I have been drinking it over Christmas and have to say that is a great pint.

This was my first 2 can kit, all the others being Coopers kits which are not bad at all. Even so this 2 can kit has converted me and for my taste is worth the extra money.

Cheers

hello blackrat, i see your imperial stout kit turned out at 3.7% is that as strong as its meant to be? or did you reduce the abount of malt?

The Brewferm Belgian kits are pretty good. I did the Grand Cru kit with some home made candi sugar and (eventually) it's come out great. 8.4% alcohol and needs a good few months in the bottle to condition but worth the wait :drink:

Dave1970 said:
The Brewferm Belgian kits are pretty good. I did the Grand Cru kit with some home made candi sugar and (eventually) it's come out great. 8.4% alcohol and needs a good few months in the bottle to condition but worth the wait :drink:

yes, im tempted! after aquiring a few dozen belgian beers from a belgian relative ive definately aquired a taste for them!
you can even get huge bottles of the stuff for brewing 150l at a time! :eek:

Latest posts

Back