my cider day 29/9/12

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tazuk

Landlord.
Reaction score
well its cider time again got me self a new scratter ooo man did it do well well worth the money :D at end of the day i ended up wit 181 ltr of cider dropped camden tabs in leaving for 24 hour the yeast and pectolase 140ltr in big barrel :D :drunk: ps it was 13 brix on my refractometer =7.2% the little tub i may add some more sugar to make abv higher for rally season lol :drunk: :
apples-1.jpg

apples-2-1.jpg

apples-3.jpg

DSCF4728.jpg

DSCF4737.jpg

DSCF4740.jpg

DSCF4741.jpg

click on me i am a vid see scratter in action :D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LmrIXSkbLsM

DSCF4743.jpg

DSCF4745.jpg

DSCF4746.jpg

its easy the hard part is waiting 6 months in the container waiting for it to mature but well worth drinking in the end mmmmmm :drunk:

31bb3 said:
Wow looks fun ive always wanted a bash at making cider

my large blue barrel of cider looks like its doing nothing ie air lock ?????? :wha: other 2 doing fine not sure weather to add new cider yeast or wot or if its just the barrel lid leaking ???????????

tazuk said:
my large blue barrel of cider looks like its doing nothing ie air lock ?????? :wha: other 2 doing fine not sure weather to add new cider yeast or wot or if its just the barrel lid leaking ???????????

That lid looks like it has some flex in it, so try pushing down on it near the middle and see if you can hear some gas escaping round the edge.

(And there's me proud of my piddly little 1gallon brews, lol)

Wow thats a lot of cider! Nice work :thumb:

Liking the scratter machine, looks like fun, I reckon I could sit and mash apples all day :)

i think may be another problem why its not fermenting may be its too cold out side in the shed ?????? i have put a brewing belt around the 140 ltr barrel to see if it kicks off then if it does i will put a times on it to put it on and off at differnt times but on more through the night the other fem bin with 28 ltr in in in doors on stairs seems to be going on now :D :thumb:

i will be pressing cider soon just need to collect all the apples still got 1 orchard to go to qill get some pics up when i go im hoping to get atleast 100L this year

I got no apples this year :( Going to have to make some high end TC with malic acid I think

Great idea about freecycle! Have just done our cider day today, will post soon. Thought we had a lot but didn't get as much as you tazuk :shock: :party:

been looking for a new apple mill for a while, could you tell me if your mill is made of stainless, as i cant find any info on it, thanks

Latest posts

Back