My fermentation fridge build

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
rpt said:
Looks great. Much neater than mine, although it has successfully done 14 brews now.
Thanks. :cheers:

I have an annoying trait of always having to go over the top with everything! As my other half will tell you now that my hallway is full of brewing equipment...and I haven't even finished brewing one yet!!! :shock: Nearly there though!

Must find room in the garage for it all!

Hmm, best not mention I've just ordered more stuff..... ;)

My second hand fridge won't be turning up before monday, but as the STC 1000 hasn't arrived yet, no problems. My tube heater arrived today, only it didn't. They'd put my address label on someone else's order, so I have 3 low energy lightbulbs and some bloke in Derby is sitting in the dark with a tube heater. As Albert Einstein said "Only two things are infinite, the Universe and human stupidity though I'm not sure about the former"

devexwarrior said:
My second hand fridge won't be turning up before monday, but as the STC 1000 hasn't arrived yet, no problems. My tube heater arrived today, only it didn't. They'd put my address label on someone else's order, so I have 3 low energy lightbulbs and some bloke in Derby is sitting in the dark with a tube heater. As Albert Einstein said "Only two things are infinite, the Universe and human stupidity though I'm not sure about the former"
So near yet so far :doh:

Gethin79 said:
devexwarrior said:
So near yet so far :doh:

And getting further - no news from the heater supplier, so have demanded a refund. Realised I'd ordered the STC fro HK. Saved a couple of quid but at the cost of anything up to 6 weeks delivery. Picked the fridge up today, needs some serious cable replacement due to rodent action, good job it looks like I'm going to have the time to do it!!

I noticed that on Amazon so I paid the bit extra and got it in a couple of days. So frustrating when you want to get on with it :evil:

Still, it'll be worth it in the end! Just finished fermenting and cold crash of my first lager, now bottles in there conditioning at 20C. Temperature control made easy :thumb:

devexwarrior said:
And getting further - no news from the heater supplier, so have demanded a refund. Realised I'd ordered the STC fro HK. Saved a couple of quid but at the cost of anything up to 6 weeks delivery. Picked the fridge up today, needs some serious cable replacement due to rodent action, good job it looks like I'm going to have the time to do it!!
I wouldn't worry too much about delivery times from HK - I ordered my STC1000 from HK and it arrived within about a week. Now all I need is a fridge, and a tube heater, and some time to stick it all together, and somewhere to put it :-) Apart from that I'm right on track!

Beer@22 said:
devexwarrior said:
I wouldn't worry too much about delivery times from HK - I ordered my STC1000 from HK and it arrived within about a week. Now all I need is a fridge, and a tube heater, and some time to stick it all together, and somewhere to put it :-) Apart from that I'm right on track!
Agreed.
Mine arrived from HK in around 10 days - despite the christmas post period.
It took me longer to collect the fridge.

I also ordered the wrong sized project box, so had to wait longer for a new one to arrive after the STC had been delivered and I realised it wouldn't fit into the box I had.
Great now though.

I also used colour coordinated trailing sockets for heat(orange)/cool(white). :ugeek:

Things are looking up. STC arrived today and wired up into a tupperware box which I conveniently had lying around. Old fridge proved beyond help so I'll be using my 'good' fridge in the garden cabin and the supplier mailed out a new tube heater to me today. With luck I'll have a temperature controlled brew on this weekend.

I used this diagram for the wiring http://www.stilldragon.org/discussion/5 ... controller and it works fine on test with a radio in one socket and the rotary tool that cut the holes for the box in the other. :)

All seems to be working fine - got 20L of water with half a Campden tablet gently warming up to 20 degrees so that it is all ready to go into a Wilko Velvet Stout tomorrow.

devexwarrior said:
All seems to be working fine - got 20L of water with half a Campden tablet gently warming up to 20 degrees so that it is all ready to go into a Wilko Velvet Stout tomorrow.
Good news!! :thumb:

Latest posts

Back