MYO white wine, too much water

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Without going into any great detail, 3 days ago filled 25 L of water into FV with MYO white wine (should have been 23L). Continued with yeast and placed in brew fridge. Obviously I'm now worried as to when fermented the wine is going to be very weak and watery. I'm aware for red wine one could use Red Grape Juice but impossible to get White Juice, although there is powder? I've read about glycerine but not sure if this would help? Would be most appreciative if someone could help me out with this stupid error.
Thank you in advance

Hi, About 30yrs ago I made a kit in which I boosted the alcohol level,
Tasters said it tasted "watery"
It seems a paradox that high alcohol can cause this effect,
But it does.

Thanks so much for your quick response and kind help. Regarding the white grape concentrate, how much would I add to the 25L (hoping I have the space in the bucket), remembering it has been fermenting for 3 days, when should I add it to the FV.

You can add it any time before the end of fermentation - I would suggest 250ml to start with, and if near the end of fermentation you have a bit of a taster, and you feel it needs more, then plonk another one in. (Wilko 250ml bottle for £5.25)

Back