Need help replacing my tea urn tap

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nicowk

Reaction score
Hey

I do my brewing in a big Burco tea urn - its worked great and have no problems. Only thing that is less than ideal is the tap, its obviously designed to fill a cup of tea, not link pipes to or move water out quickly.

So I can take it off easily - problem now is i just can't find a replacement. The sides of the thread are flattened (see pics) which corresponds to the cut out in the tea urn, so I need to match this thread.

I've searched and searched and can't find anything to match it. Its a 1" thread, and need ideally a ball valve tap.

Anyone got any idea where or what I should be searching for?

Thanks
20201211_162710.jpg
20201211_162727.jpg
20201211_162723.jpg

Yes. You need a bunch of stuff to make a ball valve fit; basically two large stainless steel washers, two similar sized seals, a parallel nipple, the ball valve and a large nut. I'll dig out my laptop later after tea when I'm sat down with a beer and list all the stuff.

Yes. You need a bunch of stuff to make a ball valve fit; basically two large stainless steel washers, two similar sized seals, a parallel nipple, the ball valve and a large nut. I'll dig out my laptop later after tea when I'm sat down with a beer and list all the stuff.
Thanks a lot, appreciated

OK, so these are the instructions I followed;

However, I didn't buy the tap kit, looking at my records I purchased;

• The silicone washers as per the video / parts list
  • The washers as per the video / parts list
  • Parallel Nipple (Custom Lengths) Stainless Steel - 1/2" X 50MM from Pipe Dream fittings
  • Stainless Steel Ball Valve - 2 Piece 1/2" BSP PF from BES (I went 2 piece, as this was for my HLT; if I was doing a boiler I'd go 3 piece for easy cleaning)

Thats basically the reason I didn't go for a tap kit as I didn't need the bazooka hop filter for a HLT. Hope that helps, let me know if you need owt else.

Latest posts

Back