Negative feedback on supplier

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alphacento

Regular.
Reaction score
Hi there,

there hace been a few topics saying that it is not allowed to write negative comments concerning suppliers. Just to be clear is this "ban" just concerning suppliers or it concerns any negative comment about everything (for example negative review of beer/wine/Cider, kits etc)?

Cheers

It's only suppliers.

It has only really been forced upon us by one particular supplier, but has since become an overall policy.

That doesn't mean we don't care.

If you have any negative experience with any supplier, discuss it by PM with any of the site crew.

Use the forum sponsors or any of the tried and trusted suppliers in the links section and we hope there should never be an issue which can't be resolved swiftly and to everyone's satisfaction.

Thanks for the clarification Moley. Yeah I read the reasons why the negative comments on suppliers have been forbidden. I just wante to check if this ban affected any other topics.

I think this ban is a little unfair on all the suppliers that are trustworthy, especially the smaller set ups. We are left to guess which supplier it is that is a problem and I think the smaller suppliers lose out to prospective customers playing it safe and sticking to the big names. Surely not good for competition and furthering the demise of the small, local home brew shops. I have my suspicions as to who the offending company is (I got a gift certificate for christmas from family) but can't be sure.

Its a shame the forum have had to implement this ban because it is a shame for the more reputable hb shops/suppliers unfortunatly the position the forum were placed in it was the best solution at the time hopefully there will be a solution come up where name and shame wouldnt be a problem untill then sit tight

Those who offer good service and supply quality products at fair prices will be mentioned time and time again. Those who do not will not get mentioned. If you have a bad experience do not worry just use a supplier that has a good reputation within this forum. The forum Ninjas would not allow a bad supplier to Sponsor this site. In other words no need to give bad feed back on here. If you have a problem tell the supplier and make it known you will not be using them again.

Vossy has done a list of HB shops, and the offending supplier is NOT on the list. Genrally I have found HB shops give good service, presumably because they want your custom. Find one near you and they will be a great resource for not just supplies but advice, ideas and just good HB chat.

Latest posts

Back