NEIPA revelation

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
£5-7 isn't completely outrageous when you calculate out the cost of the hops put in as well as the losses due to those hops.

I think homebrewers also forget the other costs of commercial brewing - wages, property, insurance, equipment capital, power, marketing, retail markup etc that dwarf the ingredient cost.
Yes. I wonder how much of that £5-7 the brewery actually gets!

View attachment 33140Made my latest Cloudwater v Brewdog type clone using there recipe. WoW tasted wonderful when I was bottling so be interesting in a couple of weeks to see how it’s turned out after carbonating !

Yum, that looks fabulous athumb..

I seem to have stumbled across the correct grain bill / yeast combination and my attempts to brew a NEIPA are bearing fruit now, the last few have tasted awesome and looked the part :beer1:

home1.jpg

£5-7 isn't completely outrageous when you calculate out the cost of the hops put in as well as the losses due to those hops.

I think homebrewers also forget the other costs of commercial brewing - wages, property, insurance, equipment capital, power, marketing, retail markup etc that dwarf the ingredient cost.

Of course. I don't object to paying those prices. Although kettle sours at those prices... don't get me started.

Back