Nevada150

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nevada150

Reaction score
Hi,
I'm a re-entrant home winemaker. I made wines and beers in the 1960's! (yes I'm that old), mainly from foraged fruits in the local area. I live in Hartlepool and there are lots of places to find elderberry and blackberry nearby. Unfortunately I haven't been able to find any Sloes yet, but I'll keep trying. I made Sloe wine around 1969 and used a Mouli mincer to chop the fruit and included the stones. To this day I think it was the best wine I ever made. The stones gave it an "almond" flavour, which added to the succulent taste of the sloes.
At the moment I'm using Youngs Definitive kits to build up a stock, as they are fairly quick to finish and bottle. The Black Cherry and Blackberry are great, I also have a Chardonnay on the go at the moment. My only problem is that we don't have a homebrew store in town, although the local Tesco store have now increased their stock of kits. :thumb:

I too made wine in the 60's so your not alone....... :party:

My wife and I have once made sloe wine and we both enjoyed it although picking the darn things was problematic. ( we were accused of stealing a ladys sloes as she always got them from that wild tree for her gin....well not that year lady :grin:

welcome to the forum...

Latest posts

Back