New ag equipment

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Breameister

Reaction score
Unpacked my new brewster last night and ran some tests. Mash tests. Stepped mash test and boil. All worked fine. I felt that the clear pipework got too soft when at mash test so changed it for some jg speedfit barrier pipe. Put more holes in the ring than the original and all worked well. Also got the brewolution IPA for 1p so will post on how this goes in the next couple of weeks.

image.jpg

Carried out a counter flow chiller test after installing a 10mm supply from the hose manifold round to the rear patio. Got 20 degrees exactly so chuffed with that. Now all set up for a full ag brew next week.

image.jpg

How do you turn pictures round?

You can only do it by editing the original once you realise there is a problem (as i have done above), to stop this happening always take pictures in landscape not portrait. :thumb:

Did you chill a full kettle from boiling? If so how long did it take? Saving up for an AG system and tempted by one of these, the interface looks really user friendly.

it took about 20mins to drain so not too bad, had to adjust the flow out of the boiler to get it right but no real faff.

pleased with it so far, will do a brew next week so that will tell if it is ok.

Very tidy looking unit. I will be looking out for you brewday reports with interest, hope it all works smoothly for ya,

it looks a little small? whats the max brewlength? and whats the recomendation for sparge preperation?

Very tidy looking unit. I will be looking out for you brewday reports with interest, hope it all works smoothly for ya,

it looks a little small? whats the max brewlength? and whats the recomendation for sparge preperation?

its a 30 litre drum so should be ok for 23 litres. i am brewing to finish with 19 so plenty of room
to sparge its similar to gf i will preheat in a burco and pour over the grains, the inner pot lifts out and is supported on brackets. needs some practice but not difficult
i have an extra mesh plate to go over the grains, not sure if they supply this as standard or somebody couldn't count when packing.
have tested everything and all works fine. i changed the rubber seals to the tap as the originals looked like they would leak eventually, also changed the clear pipework for john guest barrier pipe used for underfloor heating, it stays stiff when hot. also added more holes in the ring to give better distribution of the wort whilst mashing.
i like it because it is simple to clean and has a small footprint and can be used on a counter top.

hope this helps

Last edited:

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HrmlBaExCZw[/ame]

Back