New cigarette packets.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As one of the 'unclean' I have to say the new packaging will not alter my dirty little habit. I'll stop when I'm ready and no nasty pictures, public health warnings, bans in pubs will influence me. I don't smoke around non smokers - its not my right to force them to breathe second hand smoke, but it is my right to enjoy a ciggie in the comfort of my own car, home etc. I did try vaping, and please don't dismiss this as an excuse, but it made me really cough whereas a ciggie doesn't - if anyone has any advice on that I'd appreciate it as yes, I do want to give up - just not enough to splutter my way through vaping! and I guess not enough to go cold turkey.

It's like quitting fags for a week then starting again, you always cough... give it more than a day and you won't cough anymore. Either that or try a juice higher in VG and that should make it a little easier.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Thank you - i did try for a few days, but the coughing seemed to just get worse! I dont smoke a lot, so maybe the nicotine strength was too strong?

That's possible too.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Thank you - i did try for a few days, but the coughing seemed to just get worse! I dont smoke a lot, so maybe the nicotine strength was too strong?
The reason you cough when you stop smoking, even after a few days, is that the inside of your lungs start to wake up and then start to get rid of the unpleasant (and dare I say it carcinogenic) stuff you have inhaled. If you have smoked for a long time and/or smoke more than say five a day and care to look you may notice some of the black stuff your body is rejecting.
It nothing to do with nicotine its basically 'tar' in your lungs.
If you are looking for an incentive to stop smoking why not save all of the money you will save on something you can use (brewing equipment?) or something you can remember, like a holiday. If you only smoke 10 a day you can save about �£700 in less than six months and by then you are well on the way to quitting for good.

Latest posts

Back