New festival U.S. team beer help

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stromy9262

Reaction score
This went of like steam train hopped 5 days in according to instructions and was at 1006 over 48 hrs activity had stopped so kegged after 8.5 days not the 10 as stated is this normal to ferment so quick brewed at a constant 23 as per instructions

It can be normal - people's mileage varies with fermentation times. I normally leave brews for 2 weeks but sounds like you did everything right and it's 100% possible that your brew was ready to keg in that timescale, especially as warmer weather helps a quicker ferment.

I recently did the New Zealand Pilsner from that range and it took 3 weeks and still didn't hit the FG in the instructions. Tastes good though!

I'm like Matt666 - I just leave my brews for two weeks most times. Usually because I brew on a Saturday, it's not finished by the next Saturday, and I only get chance to bottle on a weekend!

If you get the temperature spot on and constant, the 8 days is eminently do-able for the homebrewer.

Commercial Brewers, who have temperature controlled fermenting vessels, can be done in four days with some beers/yeasts! For them it's about speed and turnover.

I've got this kit in the queue to do later in the year - so keep us posted on conditioning. Do a review if you get chance too for the reviews section, so others know how it went.

I'm like Matt666 - I just leave my brews for two weeks most times. Usually because I brew on a Saturday, it's not finished by the next Saturday, and I only get chance to bottle on a weekend!

If you get the temperature spot on and constant, the 8 days is eminently do-able for the homebrewer.

Commercial Brewers, who have temperature controlled fermenting vessels, can be done in four days with some beers/yeasts! For them it's about speed and turnover.

I've got this kit in the queue to do later in the year - so keep us posted on conditioning. Do a review if you get chance too for the reviews section, so others know how it went.[/QUOTE
I have an Emerson heater in the fv so I can control the temp so I hope 8 days work I will let you no if this turns out ok thank u for the reply

Latest posts

Back