New forum member & brewing virgin

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dodsi

Reaction score
Hi all, i stumbled upon this fine forum having visited a LHBS (is that the correct acronym?) with my better half and deciding its a hobby I really want to take up.

I am planning my first brew to commence on 14th september (for a number of
Space related issues etc which I shall not bore you with). I have decided that I will be buying the equipment from my local shop which includes the woodford wherry kit but 'the nice man what is in the shop' says I could swap it for any other kit should I want... Which is good but ultimately after reading some reviews on here it seems a pretty good place to start.

A little about me...

I'm in my mid 20's originally from Yorkshire but live near Worthing on the south coast. Also im interested in obtaining advice from others and perhaps getting to know any locals if there are any?

I have been reading a lot of 'how too' guides on this site which are REALLY useful for a brewing virgin like me. But thought it was about time I introduced myself to the community!

So... Hi!

And - what is the acronym I see here which I guess means wife/partner and what does it
Actually stand for?

The list of excellent beer kits available these days is long and your choices are many. I would suggest if your funds can afford it to use 2 can beer kits, these are a little more expensive obviously than 1 can kits but you do not need to buy or add any sugar.
Toucans give a better brew with more body and taste than onecans, although there are exceptions.
In your first couple of brews just follow the ( usually ) brief instructions provided and you will make good ales beers stouts what have you, good enough to rival shop bought drinks.
You can deviate from the instructions after you have got a feel for the brewing art.

Welcome

Hi and welcome, the acronym means she who must be obeyed. Enjoyed the site if you want to meet other brewers we hold an annual get together each year click on my signature to sign up for the newsletter.

Yep, i do intend on working with 2 can kits really - the price difference seems not worth scrimping on to me.

Once I have my first brew under my belt i do intend to
Buy some more equipment to put multiple - staged brews on to keep a supply/brew enough for
Events... Like Christmas/new years.

However, I am probably a little over keen and need to
Toddle before I can walk really...

dodsi said:
for a number of Space related issues etc which I shall not bore you with

Hmmm - is there a comet nearby or perhaps a wormhole or particular conjugation we should look out for ;) :lol:

Never mind - welcome to the forum :thumb:

dodsi said:
And - what is the acronym I see here which I guess means wife/partner and what does it
Actually stand for?

SWMBO - She Who Must Be Obeyed :thumb:

Welcome to the forum :cheers:

If you don't have much space, perhaps this guide could be of use...

ok... search for....

"The Tiny Kitchen Beer Kit Brewer's Guide"

(I would post a link, but as I'm new, everything with a http looks spammy, including internal links... must post more... become part of the community... nargh!!)

A trés good read, indeed!!

(hi, btw)

Admin edited in the link above :thumb:

Oh, I will pysically have plenty of space to have an entire brew room but at the moment I have a flatmate in there at the moment who is moving out next week and the room will be free after next wednesday...

..thats when brewing can commence!

Latest posts

Back