New life on the farm

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Devonhomebrew

Landlord.
Reaction score
Got the first chick of the season on the small holding. Its fluffy and grey 1.5" tall and the mother is looking after it very well lets hope it all goes to plan and the 4 other eggs hatch.

:party: :party: :cheers: :party: :party:

Sounds ace! I would love that soooo much! I used to have a fair bit of land and used to keep chickens, and had lots of veg growing. We had 6 hens and a cockerel and used to get 12 eggs everyday, we couldn't use them all so used to give them to friends and/or go to car boot sales and sell them along with any excess veg. Have moved now and have to make do with my small veg patch and greenhouse :( Oh how i envy you! :mrgreen:

youre getting 10 cocks wow have fun with all the noise yeah my 11 acre small holding we ot 118 chickens for egg production and 2 hens with 1 cock for breeding program 50 odd sheep and a 2 acre orchard of sweet apples behind it all we dont own that bit i can use all the apples i want =)

Devonhomebrew said:
youre getting 10 cocks wow have fun with all the noise yeah my 11 acre small holding we ot 118 chickens for egg production and 2 hens with 1 cock for breeding program 50 odd sheep and a 2 acre orchard of sweet apples behind it all we dont own that bit i can use all the apples i want =)
ive only got 3 acres :mrgreen: and over the last 4 years have been converting it as best i can ive put in a 1 acre veg patch a small fruit orchard but last year i got a breeding sow (called gurty) so this year with the chicks and the pigglets its going be like a bloody creshe :D :D :D

I am now jealous of more than one of you... would love a smallholding :thumb:

Thats my dream as well but mine is a croft on the west coast of scotland away from everyone :lol: :lol:

It will never happen though.

i want 15 highlan cattle but they are 5 grand each and the bulls can be 120 grand :eek: i like being a shepard though

Devonhomebrew said:
i want 15 highlan cattle but they are 5 grand each and the bulls can be 120 grand :eek: i like being a shepard though
id love to get cattle but i dont have enough land :( maybe in a few years :pray: i was going to get some sheep but i was told they have alot of problems/cost that go with them, dipping and so forth. do you have much hassle with yours?

Back