New to here, but not to brewing

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Toad

Reaction score
Hello, everyone. I've been brewing for years, most happily and successfully since I started using a Grainfather G30 several years ago. But I am new to this forum and look forward to hints and tips etc. Tony

Hello, everyone. I've been brewing for years, most happily and successfully since I started using a Grainfather G30 several years ago. But I am new to this forum and look forward to hints and tips etc. Tony
As someone famously said, "Hello, good evening and welcome". I have been brewing for over 45 years but have never used a Grainfather; always separate mash tun and boiler, sparging arm, etc so probably can't offer any tips unless you have any specific questions? I would of course suggest you don't buy ingredients from brewshops because they charge an arm and a leg especially for hops. eg typical homebrew cost of 100g = £6 which is sixty quid a kg! I recently bought 2 kg of Jade hops (certainly not the cheapest) for £24 per kg and many other varieties are far less than that. Such extortion ought not be encouraged.

Back