The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mozzy

Reaction score
Hello, my name is Sarah and I am a stay at home mum to 3 children, and have found a new hobby.. WINE MAKING !! :D and i'd like to say HELLO!! I came across this forum when searching for answers about brewing wine.. I am a beginner wine maker so you may see ALOT of questions from me about it (i like to make sure i'm doing things right) I have only used the Youngs 7 day/6 bottle Wine Buddy Kit (Chardonnay) and must admit it turned out and tasted pretty good :clap: I have the rest of the bottles 'maturing'...

Welcome to the forum mozzy.

With the help from other forum members, you will be making
award winning wine in no time !!

:cheers:

Thank you... I'm hoping to be able to use stuff other than the Youngs kits soon... where do you get all the yeast, stabilisers and finings from and all the other stuff lol
x

Welcome to the forum Sarah.

Have a search for WOW (wurzels orange wine) basically made with carton juice its a winner on this site. :thumb: :thumb:

Alistair

hi sarah and welcome to the site :thumb: im with grays .. look for WOW how to on this site .. good cheap wine made from OJ .. but the how to teaches you the fundamentals for future recipes etc ... worth a read/try :party:

here it is viewtopic.php?f=48&t=10179

jinxy72 said:
im with grays ..

Welcome and yes I'm also with grays.............. he knows his onions, whats have they got to do with it :? , more importantly he also knows his brewing. :lol:
S

Springer said:
more importantly he also knows his brewing. :lol:
S

You are far to kind Springer all I have is a modicum of bucket chemistry and a thirst for knowledge with which to feed my obsession

Cheers

Alistair

aww bless you all.. thanks for my warm welcome & replies.. I will do a little search for the WOW in a mo.. and the Ribena wine sounds lush...
x

can I ask.. I read the wow 'how to' page.. am i right in thinking that instead of orange juice i can use apple juice and make it in the same way?? x

Yeahh.. it would taste more like.. apple wine you can keep changing things but you can also use red grape juice to make darker flavours some good mixes are

red grape juice (RGJ) and blackcurrent juice
or RGJ and rasberry juice
RGJ and cranberry juice

WGJ (white grape juice) and pear juice.
WGJ and watermelon juice.
WGJ and papaya juice
WGJ and Pineapple juice

I'm sure there is many variations. although i have not tried out WOW yet i believe i'm going to once my apple cider is finished. :)

Cheers

Latest posts

Back