Newbies 2nd batch

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Crazygoldfish

Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

I had good success with Coopers draft beer on my first attempt, beer tasted great and so did my family & friends.

So I got another FV and brewed up two new batches.

1. Coopers draft, but this time I replaced the sugar with Enhancer kit 1 (it did recommend 2, but thought I would give it a go)

2. Coopers Canadian blonde, with standard sugar. I want to see how it tastes with sugar and then experiment with different enhancers / malts in the future.

It's been 24hours since I brewed and the blonde is bubbling away quite nicely. The Draft however appears much darker than what I remembered (also in the photos I took), I see condensation in the bubbler but literally only seen on bubble so far. When I added the yeast, it was on the high side but within the instructions limit (27c), the bucket is sitting at 22c.

Should I be worried about the draft, or just give it time?

For sanitising I used no rinse Sodium Percabonate, washed it out twice and used a bottle brush around the sides to make sure it was clean.

I would just give it time. Yeast and other factors can change the speed of fermentation. Do check to make you have a tight seal on the one in question.
yeah tighter than a nats chuff. thanks I will be patient
Cannibalism, is that a first for this forum?

Seriously though I think just give it some time. Some yeasts take longer to get going.
ha .... who doesn’t enjoy a bit of cannibalism

The Draft however appears much darker than what I remembered
I've just kegged a Coopers Draught and like you I thought they were lighter (almost lager like), Ihaven't done this kit for a few years now but on pouring my first pint to see haw it's doing wink... I thought I'd used the wrong tap on my kegerator.

I've just kegged a Coopers Draught and like you I thought they were lighter (almost lager like), Ihaven't done this kit for a few years now but on pouring my first pint to see haw it's doing wink... I thought I'd used the wrong tap on my kegerator.
It's like a slightly darker amber colour once it clears..... definitely tastes better around the 3-4 week mark. I loved it.

Latest posts

Back