Newbies micro brewery

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I Like it!

Instead of faffing with wiring in a resistor to control the voltage to my 12V pump, I could install a valve such as this and run the pump at full voltage anyway without straining it? Thanks for the idea UP.

what a fantastic set up i have the igloo 10 gallon for my mt and love it.where did you get your metal frame from as i would like to build something a bit simaler this year as my brew days are a bit scattered and be nice to have it all tidy in one place

Gonna build me a couple of those balance valve thingies then.
:thumb:
Wondering if there's a reason for using the gate style stops rather than ball taps?

paulski said:
what a fantastic set up i have the igloo 10 gallon for my mt and love it.where did you get your metal frame from as i would like to build something a bit simaler this year as my brew days are a bit scattered and be nice to have it all tidy in one place

Thanks, I mig welded it using 25mm box section and some smaller section for the frame inners. Essentially I started out by measuring my FV from the ground allowing about 25cm for the tap that comes out of the boiler. The height of the next level was determined by the height of the Burco boiler. Widthwise I just used what looked to be a reasonable distance to allow room to fit the plumbing. The pump is mounted on angle iron and positioned to allow me future fettling! I've yet to put on some castors and the whole rig will live in the garage and get wheeled out on a regular basis for the purposes of adding to mankind's pursuit of beer :drink:

Someone else asked me for the dimensions so if you would like them let me know and I'll post them on here. If I get the chance this weekend I'm going to put the balance valve on as suggested by UP. There are loads of really well put together brew stands on this forum that make mine look a bit dodgy, but I'm always happy to share what I've learnt from the guy's on this forum.
:cheers:

Lurch said:
Gonna build me a couple of those balance valve thingies then.
:thumb:
Wondering if there's a reason for using the gate style stops rather than ball taps?

You can use ball valves but its harder to fine control low flow as the movements are less precise.

UP

Back