Next steps for ‘tuning’ beer lines on kegarator

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have a home made kegarator. I used balancing chart to come up with beer line length. Came up with 10 ft of 3/16 line for the temp and gas pressure I’m running. The flow is very slow and comes out in a thin stream rather than filling the tap nozzle but head is just right. What should I do first to fine tune before I just start cutting the line shorter on a trial and error basis? I may not have been super accurate on measuring out the line length so could be a few inches too long. Thanks

How long does it take to pour a full pint? Mine is a similar pour to yours I am guessing. Through my playing I've never been able to get it faster without finding the beer foamy or flat - so now I am just happy with my pour, not super fast, but a super pint!

Not really pouring pints but a 330ml glass or 3/4 pints are about a good 30 seconds to 45 seconds for the larger glass. I guess the only thing I can do is to start shortening the line...I've cut it according to a line balancing calculator already but as I said, probably not super accurately. I assume that because its pouring slowly I probably have too much line.

Ny thoughts over line diameter? I originally set up with 5/16 and just got foam and was really hard to balance so went to the 3/16 line.

I'm in a similar position to you. My lines are probably a bit longer than they need to be, so the pour is quite slow. I keep thinking about shortening them, but then don't and just live with having to wait a bit longer for a beer! And I guess a little more anticipation isn't a bad thing.

If you do set about cutting, remember it's hard to stick the line back together, so cut less than you think!

I have al.kst the exact set up you have and now serve at about 5 to 8psi - this pours me nicely carbed beer, small head and plenty of life in it. Tried higher pressure at first and beer was getting flatter and flatter as disturbed too much in the pour. Good things just take time ;)

You can pour really fast for a short party tap, but the beer would be great to drink I can promise you!

Back