Kegerator Beer Lines, How Long Should They Be?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zero94

Reaction score
Evening all,

So I have finally gotten round to building myself a 2 keg kegerator, now I have been doing some reading and looking at these online line length calculator and it's confused me to no end. I see some calculators telling me I need 3m of 3/16'' line at 11psi and others saying I need to get rid of the line entirely and somehow find a way to make the line shorter than not having a line at all then there's been others which say nearly 50m of 3/8'' line.

Can anyone give me a hand and dumb this down for me? or even better, give me a straight answer since I haven't been able to work it out.

I'm using 19L ball lock corny kegs, distance from centre to tap is about 265mm, using flow control taps, gas line is 3/8'', gas pressure is 10-12psi whichever I need to set it to really and beer line is going to be whatever ends up working.

Cheers!!

So should I stick with straight 3/8's or step it down to 3/16's then back up?

Well that reducer kit makes life a fair bit easier, just need to get the thing built and a beer brewed and kegged now!
Thanks for the help guys

I use those. Found I needed to take 50cm off the length
Thanks for the tip, I'm going to start at the full 3m then trim back a few cm at a time until I fine the right length. I'm not too bothered over a slow pour I'm more concerned about fobbing.

There are a few things that influence the flow/fobbing. Beer temperature, carbonation level, serving pressure and beer line width/length. Get the others right before adjusting the beer line.

Latest posts

Back