Northamptonshire born again Noob

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Omnichromatic

Reaction score
Hello all,

After being away from brewing for years I had a sudden rush of blood to the head and decided to not only get back into brewing again but also just to make things awkward I'd go the all grain route. After spending more than a few months scouring the second hand sites and ebay I cobbled together all the bitsI needed to get going with brew in a bag.

I got my first brew done last week which actually went a bit easier than I thought it would and I don't think I made any glaring mistakes.

I made a simple recipe of 4 kg Pilsner malt
250g Torrified wheat

Hopped with Topaz for bittering and a mix of Topaz and Callista for flavour and aroma. I used Crossmyloof Clipper yeast so I'm hoping for a slightly hazy, slightly citrusy pale beer.

This forum was certainly very useful for double checking things and finding out what other people were doing so I could avoid some common pitfalls.

Hello all,

After being away from brewing for years I had a sudden rush of blood to the head and decided to not only get back into brewing again but also just to make things awkward I'd go the all grain route. After spending more than a few months scouring the second hand sites and ebay I cobbled together all the bitsI needed to get going with brew in a bag.

I got my first brew done last week which actually went a bit easier than I thought it would and I don't think I made any glaring mistakes.

I made a simple recipe of 4 kg Pilsner malt
250g Torrified wheat

Hopped with Topaz for bittering and a mix of Topaz and Callista for flavour and aroma. I used Crossmyloof Clipper yeast so I'm hoping for a slightly hazy, slightly citrusy pale beer.

This forum was certainly very useful for double checking things and finding out what other people were doing so I could avoid some common pitfalls.
Interesting recipe. It will be interesting to see how it turns out.

Latest posts

Back