Norwich Amateur Brewers Homebrew Competition

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cheers Nick, thank you so much for being a judge + giving your time. REally appreciate it. Judges are the heart of HB comps. We really value your contribution.
You guys supported us providing judges in our ACB comp....only fair that some of us reciprocate.

Mind you....I might have words to say about the categories I've been assigned!!! :laugh8: :laugh8: :laugh8:

Beers will be in the post tomorrow morning.
Are you guys doing a live feed for the results ceremony?

Beers will be in the post tomorrow morning.
Are you guys doing a live feed for the results ceremony?
Hi James, we are planning to live feed our presentation at 6pm, via our facebook event page. If there are any problems then we will tweet about it / post on various channels (including here).
I am happy to say that this is an element of the competition I have delegated!

Looks like Mr Postman got confused with the pre printed label that has the address to send to and the senders address on it. My entry has just arrived back at my house 😢
😩

Try using next day delivery with Evri - if you get it to them by 12pm tomorrow then it should arrive on Friday. I've used them a few times and they've been reliable with the next day service and it's not too expensive either (was about £6 to post my 3 bottles off with them).

I tried Click and Collect for the first time the other day. I selected the "Driver will bring label" option.

Reader, he didn't!

So I had to re-enter it a couple of days later. Worked second time around.

I feel all our your pain! I bet we all have courier stories.
This evening I am pulling together glasses, buckets, bottle openers, diverse paperwork and labels + boxes, duct tape, cable ties.....

I'm going down tomorrow evening to the brewery with our head steward (the amazing Danny) to open boxes and sort. The beers are in the cold store, so I hope we can pull the pallet out to sort it, or we'll have a cold evening.

I feel all our your pain! I bet we all have courier stories.
This evening I am pulling together glasses, buckets, bottle openers, diverse paperwork and labels + boxes, duct tape, cable ties.....

I'm going down tomorrow evening to the brewery with our head steward (the amazing Danny) to open boxes and sort. The beers are in the cold store, so I hope we can pull the pallet out to sort it, or we'll have a cold evening.
Sounds like you are out looking to restrain someone!!!

Straight from work tonight to Ampersand brewery. We allowed ourselves one pint whilst cracking on. I learned a new truth: the better packaged the box, the harder it is to open - I reckon some folks used a whole roll of packing tape on a box!
Tomorrow night, we'll unpack and sort Friday's delivery.

ATM your beers are in the cold store gently resting, waiting for their big day!

Attachments

• PXL_20221013_171047601.jpg
    PXL_20221013_171047601.jpg
    132.7 KB · Views: 0
  • PXL_20221013_155924245.MP.jpg
    PXL_20221013_155924245.MP.jpg
    121.9 KB · Views: 0
Straight from work tonight to Ampersand brewery. We allowed ourselves one pint whilst cracking on. I learned a new truth: the better packaged the box, the harder it is to open - I reckon some folks used a whole roll of packing tape on a box!
Tomorrow night, we'll unpack and sort Friday's delivery.

ATM your beers are in the cold store gently resting, waiting for their big day!
I may have got a bit excited with the packing tape on mine :oops:

Glad to see it has arrived in one piece though!

So, after sending my entries on Tuesday only for them to arrive back at my house the day after, the special delivery I arranged for collection yesterday never happened so my beers aren’t going to get there. So gutted. Never mind, I suppose it just wasn’t to be. 😥

Straight from work tonight to Ampersand brewery. We allowed ourselves one pint whilst cracking on.

Thats ok, as long as it wasn't the Jamaican Imperial Porter that caused the memory of many of those of us who attended the ACB AGM last year, to be somewhat hazy the next day.

So, after sending my entries on Tuesday only for them to arrive back at my house the day after, the special delivery I arranged for collection yesterday never happened so my beers aren’t going to get there. So gutted. Never mind, I suppose it j

Hi @Benfleet Brewery
Just catching up with this. THere are quite a few beers caught up in the Royal Mail strike. If beers arrive with us SAturday morning, we will do our best to judge them.

Last edited by a moderator:
Late arrivals: We will judge all late arrival beers and get feedback to brewers though late beers will not be judged / awarded against the main body of beers (ie, no best in show for late beers, or table winners)

Late arrival judging will take place ......later...dunno quite when yet...

Back