Novice in Cumbria

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mrdaveadam

Reaction score
Hi all,

Newbie here just finishing my first brew. I've had a lot of the equipment in the garage for nearly 10 years, but finally got the itch to put it to use!

I've done a LoveBrewing Extract kit - Presidents Sierra AIPA which is currently carbing in bottles.
Tried my first one a few days ago (7 days in the bottle) knowing it wouldn't be ready, but just for research. It was ok - definitely drinkable, but had a slightly funky flavour to it which I can't quite identify but do recognise from certain 'dodgy' pub pints I've had in the past. Will see how it develops as it conditions. I don't know enough yet to know if it's green beer/homebrew tang/bad technique!

Not one to be deterred, I'm already planning what to do next. Tempted to do another pale and try to improve, but may go for a stout so it has plenty of time to come good for autumn/winter.

Learning so much from everyone from reading around on here, thanks for all the advice!

Back