Pavement parking.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chippy_Tea

Administrator.
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I bet he pays up next time ;)

Cumbria Roads Police & Firearms Support Unit.
@CumbriaRoadsPol

Back in December, this HGV was ‘ticketed’ for parking on the footway on a bend on Haweswater Road, Penrith - where overnight HGV parking is prohibited.
Driver exercised their right to challenge £30 fine at Court who found them guilty and sentenced to fines/costs totalling £706

1696440872810.png

Parking across a pavement seems so trivial until you have a pushchair, wheelchair or mobility scooter. Why should we have to navigate a road just because someone has blocked the pavement.
The stupid thing is that even parked across the pavement they are still blocking the road to two way traffic.

Last night I had a near miss! I was on my way fishing,the entry to the fishery car park is on a bit of a blind winding lane where you have to make your intentions early...indicators and brake lights..then check on coming traffic then turn into to private fishing parking area.
I did my bit to be confronted with two idiots parked across the entrance out their cars yapping.....I made eye contact and pointed at the entrance..ever aware of the possible traffic behind me..they looked at me and carried on....so I used the horn and some indicative language that they needed to move...as a car just about stopped behind me! They looked a bit sheepish and shifted....two other cars had to slow up sharpish in the queue..

This is something that really annoys me. I’m constantly nagging the landlords of our office estate who dont police the parking and, as such, people just park everywhere. This photo was taken by me yesterday. No chance a wheelchair user could get past without going into the road.
IMG_1678.jpeg

And, to get in the road, they would need to go off the kerb because this tw*t has parked across the ramp! 😡😡
IMG_6853.jpeg

Parking on pavements can be a nuiicence but as usual when we discuss cars it's selfish drivers that cause the problem, we have to park on the pavement in our street as the road is too narrow so on the side where the houses have no gardens we park against the kerb on the other side we park half on and off the pavement this allows people to get past the cars and leaves room for drivers to get through, parking with all wheels off the road is I believe illegal.

Parking on pavements can be a nuiscence but as usual when we discuss cars it's selfish drivers that cause the problem,
A guy up the road from us with a huge motorhome, two cars and a works van and he has two parking spaces outside his front house, and he parks on the pavement blocking prams and wheelchairs from using it. This is the attitude I see everywhere. :(

At xmas time we have four cars outside our house. With a bit of planning we can squeeze them in. It is a faff as we have to get the smallest car down the side of the house with the other 3 on on our frontage. We're not inconveniencing others by parking on the pavement which would be easier and need less effort.

I'm determined not to Devolve (Devo the group - philosopy - not the government type).

Just like dog walkers who let their dogs wander on extendable leads with their head buried in a phone. Perhaps get a virutal pet on a phone, no vets bills.
I had one owner stood outside my house on the pavement (maybe I should park on the pavement after all? 🤔) while the dog was about to take a dump outside my front door. :mad:

Latest posts

Back