Peach and rose wine recipe *valentine's special*

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Berry454

Reaction score
So I attempted to make my fiancee a special wine for valentine's Day as a gift. She is mainly a red drinker as she doesn't like sweet wines. My challenge was to make a rose wine that wasn't overly sweet. With strong fruit flavours.

I decided to make a rose and peach wine.

The recipe is as follows

4 tins of growers harvest peaches
1 l.t Asda red grape juice
1000g sugar
4 tbsp rose petals
1 TSP citric acid
1 TSP nutrient
Half sachet EC 1118

Like with most of my wine recipes I prefer to not use the fruit in my fermenter. So I began by making a concentrate from the peaches.

I added all 4 tins including the syrup in the can to a large pan. I filled the pan with about 1.5 litres of water. I then simmered on a low heat down to about 0.5 litres of water.

Next I used a potato masher to lightly mash the peaches. Now soft after simmering for 2 hours they broken apart easily.

Next I topped up with water back to 2 litres and I upped the heat to a boil. I then boiled down to about 0.5 litres of water left in the pan.

I then strained the peaches through a sive and collected the juice. I pressed the peaches hard with a wooden spoon to get all the juice out and discarded the peach pulp.

This left me with about 500ml of thick syrupy peach concentrate.

I added this and everything else to the fermenter and began fermenting at 25c.

It fermented down to 0.990 in a week.

Cleared with finnings A and B and finished bottling.

It's definitely a strong one hence if you do want to make this recipe I would use EC 1118 or a similar high alcohol yeast. I didn't do a SG reading but it should be between 13 and 15% ABV.

It tastes amazing! Strong peach and rose taste without the overly sweetness of a rose. I did add a touch of pink food colouring just to get romantic vibes for valentines day.

My fiancee was very happy drinking this with her breakfast in bed on valentine's Day!

IMG_20220204_154754_553.jpg

Back