Peppered Fool

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

A T

Regular.
Reaction score
This is getting mashed this evening, it's my Fools Gold with some whole black peppercorns thrown in for the last 15 mins of the boil. I'm hoping to achieve just a hint of the pepper in the aftertaste.Also i have replaced the Saaz with Cascade due to a slight hop shortage. The liquor will be treated as per the instructions on the Brupaks water treatment page except i will be treating the final volume (50L) and not all the water used as Brupaks say.
50L
10KG Maris Otter
500G Melanoidin
200G Carapils
200G Biscuit

Aurora Super Styrians 3.3% 50G 60 mins
Nelson Sauvin 13.3% 50G 30 mins
Cascade 6.8% 25G 30 mins
30G whole black peppercorns 15 mins
Protofloc 10 mins
30G Cascade @ 80c (cooler turned off for 15 mins)
Fermented with me old buddy US-05

Looks good Kevin. I must make a beer with Nelson's some day. Gonna be interesting alright to see what the peppercorns add to it. Do you have your PID controller thingy working or is it a more hands on approach this brew :D .

kitoog said:
Do you have your PID controller thingy working or is it a more hands on approach this brew :D .
I have half the control box working Derek but it's enough to get the job done :D

It's cooling now :cool: went fine, i went for 50 g of Nelson Sauvin instead of 30g of Cascade at 80c cause they were sitting there wanting to be used :D and i bottled it with the pepper and only added 20g, if i can't detect it then i'll up it next time.

Good thinkin batman :thumb:

Lookin forward to hearing how it turns out :thumb:

Good to hear it finished well for you. I take it you brewed indoors today :D Hopefully have some english ipa ready for you in a few weeks.

Back