Positioning Brewbelt with ATC-800+

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kitoog

Reaction score
Its a bit warm lately so I am gonna ferment in the fridge with a brewbelt and the atc-800+. I am just going to tape the sensor probe to the side of the fv, so was wondering does anyone recommend where to position the brewbelt and the temp probe?

Brewbelt at the bottom of the FV, and the probe in the FV as you are heating the wort directly

Cheers for that, but I will probably just tape probe with insulation around it a few inches above the brewbelt. I suppose though I could run the temp probe through the run off tube into the fv.

In my fridge I have the heater at the bottom and the temp sensor in a small bottle of water so that it dampens the heating cooling cycle.

I do the same as prolix

I have a heater in the bottom of my fridge, and the probe in a bottle of water (starsan actually). Does the job for me.

I'm not sure how much heat you get from a brewbelt though as I've never used one, I use a 60 watt bar heater in the bottom of my fridge.

as i have been too lazy

i use the atc800 a brew belt around my FV and a bottle in the corner with the probe in
and the bottle pushed up against the FV/brewblt

works fine

but have the heater ready to fit when i get round to it

Latest posts

Back