Football Season 2022/23.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

With half the season gone who will win this season's Premier League?

• Arsenal

• Manchester City

• Manchester United

• Newcastle

• Other - pleast post in thread

Results are only viewable after voting.
pl.JPG

My earlier predictions - (looking like 4 - 3 with United 4 down)

Villa v Everton = Draw (Wrong)

Arsenal v Leicester = Leicester win. (Wrong)

Brighton v Newcastle = Newcastle win (Wrong)

City v Bournemouth = city win (Correct)

Southampton v Leeds = Draw. (Correct)

Wolves v Fulham = Draw (Correct)

Brentford v Man United = Brentford win. (probably correct)

Last edited:
Brentford aren't even playing that good. Just bullying united into making mistakes. This starting 11 can't play next week after this

Just can not weigh it up there second team costs more than well over half the league so not short of depth. Maybe too much player power as they are Ego's who knows, but it is a game of 2 halves :laugh8: :laugh8: :laugh8: :coat:

Brentford aren't even playing that good.
They said that on 5 live a few minutes ago, i feel sorry for the new manager there is obviously something very wrong at the club (talk of losing the dressing room etc) he is going to pay the ultimate price if he cannot turn it round and fast.

I really do think some of these modern day players are paid so much they think they are bigger than the club and are not bothered if they go through the motions at the expense of the manager and the fans that turn up each week.
if you look up the word Primadonnas in Wikipedia there is a picture of a Premier League Footballerwink...

I really do think some of these modern day players are paid so much they think they are bigger than the club and are not bothered if they go through the motions at the expense of the manager and the fans that turn up each week.

I think you have something there in the old days if you were not playing well you would be dropped and have to earn your place again there days they are paid a fortune so if they are sulking because the manager has given them a blocking or because they are benched for being out of form it makes no odds to them.

I still have a great dislike of Joe Hart as it was said at the time he was one of the ring leaders that helped get Mancini the push (brilliant manager City fans were gutted when he went) players have way too much power these days and i cannot see that changing anytime soon.

It's too far gone with the wages they pay they really do think they are something well some of them and then there are some who use the money they earn for good use and are a bit more grounded

They said that on 5 live a few minutes ago, i feel sorry for the new manager there is obviously something very wrong at the club (talk of losing the dressing room etc) he is going to pay the ultimate price if he cannot turn it round and fast.
I think he is ar fault for a few tactical errors over thr past 2 games. He wanted Erickson and played him up top first game and defensive midfield today.

Martinez seems a poor choice at centre back. Every team will exploit his size.

Both Manchester clubs at opposite ends of the table that has got to be a first this early in a season. ashock1

plt.JPG

Part of the BBC match commentators
"Cristiano Ronaldo walked past Erik ten Hag, they didn't even acknowledge each other. Not one player have even looked at Ten Hag. Mind you if I put in a performance like that I wouldn't look at my manager either."
I wish they would stop saying how bad they were they were only as good as Brentford let them be-Credit Brentford.
By the way Liverpool next for United:roll::roll::roll:

Newcastle did a job on them today they bought very well at the end of last season to get them out of trouble and even better since. They are a team to watch may be not title challengers but will be able to give some of the top teams a bloody nose

Footy Accumulators
@FootyAccums

Another very bad day for VAR yesterday.. -
West Ham goal -
van Dijk tackle -
Newcastle goal -
Leeds penalty -
Coutinho goal
Where do we actually go from here because surely it can't carry on like this? It's ruining the game.

1662294932885.png

Back