Pressure barrel to beer line

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Archtronics

Regular.
Reaction score
As titled really is there a way to connect beer line to the standard tap on a pressure barrel/king keg.

I don't have a barrel A so don't know the tap size but if it's near 1/2" you could use some hose to a 1/2 JG fitting and then reduce it to 3/8th.
Sorry your question's been missed :oops:

Apologies if this is me not understanding how a beer pump works but woukd something like this be gravity fed? IE: Keg higher than tap = beer flowing when tap opens?

If so I'm getting evil thoughts!

you will need a check valve to do this or the pressure from the keg will push the beer straight out the pump, i used a pipe from the keg held on with a clip then a reducer to a 3/8 pipe which then goes into the check valve then another small length to the pump itself.

i have at times just released the pressure from the keg and connected straight to the pump when having a party as it will all get used that night, you can of course re-gas the keg if you dont use it all and it should still keep ok

Cheers given me something to think about. I might be inheriting a tall metal cabinet which will be my bew cab if i get it. Was thinking about something simple like keg on top the tap on a mount on the door.

Back