Priming advice

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DanielB

Reaction score
Hi all....I have made some TC....just a basic recipe and it has fermented out from 1040 to 1000....

I now want to ptime for a bit of fizz....BUT I was going to prime with homemade elderflower cordial....

Any suggestions on a priming quantity of cordial per litre?

I know it is a bit of an ask....as have no idea how 'sweet' the cordial is.... I was thinking of a couple teaspoons per litre (a teaspoon per 500ml bottle)?

I'd rather light fizz.....than bombs...

Any thoughts?

Measure the cordial with a refractometer / hydrometer. If its off the scale, dilute 50:50 with water and repeat

Every point above 1.000 equates to approximately 2.6g/litre. So 1.012 equates to 12 * 2.6 = 31.2 g sugar per litre.

Measure the cordial with a refractometer / hydrometer. If its off the scale, dilute 50:50 with water and repeat

Every point above 1.000 equates to approximately 2.6g/litre. So 1.012 equates to 12 * 2.6 = 31.2 g sugar per litre.
Thank you mmmbeer!

Try carbination drops, one in each bottle, would advise using proper bubbly bottles, crown cap and let the magic work, goes without saying that your brew still needs to be fermenting but tailing off, you'll get sediment, you either leave it and pour gently, or put them upside down in the fridge to cool down, get a nice bug jug, fill it with crushed ice, place upside-down bottle in the ice with sediment settled on the cap, pop back in the fridge for 10 mins, and you'll find you'll get an plug of ice with the sediment frozen in it, simply turn right away up about 45°,crack off the crown cap and the pressure will express the ice plug with the sediment, you might loose a bit simply top up, champagne Cork and cage and done

Latest posts

Back