Priming after cold crashing

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

S.R.S

Reaction score
I have 23 litres of IPA cold crashing at the moment which should be ready to bottle in a couple of days.
The question is, how do I bulk prime from the same vessel as I do not have another vessel to transfer into to rack the beer on top of the boiled priming solution? I would prefer not to prime each bottle as they are 330ml bottles (circa 66) and I am bound to cock up the measurement per bottle.
Can priming solution be added to the same vessel on top of the cold crashed beer? The problem I see with this is stirring in the priming solution will only stir up the sediment making the last few days of cold crashing a pointless exercise.

Any advice would be hugely appreciated.

What you need is a dedicated bottling bucket with tap and bottling wand...just mix your priming sugar with some boiling water and Syphon your beer on top,stir with a sanitised paddle if you like....put the bucket over an open dishwasher if you have one to catch the drips and crack on.

What you need is a dedicated bottling bucket with tap and bottling wand...just mix your priming sugar with some boiling water and Syphon your beer on top,stir with a sanitised paddle if you like....put the bucket over an open dishwasher if you have one to catch the drips and crack on.
thanks Clint, that's what I usually do but have the other one brewing another batch.
Perhaps bad planning but bottom line is I have to do without a bottling bucket this time, hence my question, what other options are there?

If you can find some small sugar cubes that would be idea. Just drop one in each bottle before filling and you're good.

I use "Dominos Dots" . I keep them in a bowl while I'm bottling. Grab a bottle, drop in a cube, fill. These don't fit in some bottles necks though so you'd have to try them out.

Last edited:
If you can find some small sugar cubes that would be idea. Just drop one in each bottle before filling and you're good.

I use "Dominos Dots" . I keep them in a bowl while I'm bottling. Grab a bottle, drop in a cube, fill. These don't fit in some bottles necks though so you'd have to try them out.

would that not be too much sugar in a 330ml. bottle?

would that not be too much sugar in a 330ml. bottle?

If it's a spoon full then yeah too much in 330ml, I use a Tate & Lyle sugar cube in my 500ml bottles and sometimes that's too much.

Latest posts

Back