Principle of Brewing Science by George J Fix?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

StubbsPKS

Regular.
Reaction score
The full title is Principles of Brewing Science: A Study of Serious Brewing by george J. Fix, PhD.

Anyone heard of this book? Been thinking I might pick it up, but I'd rather hear a positive review before shelling out £17 for a paperback book.
:wha:

I have a copy.
It is a good book, but be prepared for some degree level reading.
The Malting and Mashing chapter I thought was very good, as is the short one on Beer Stabilization.

Good and interesting reference book, but be prepared to go deep.

ATB

Excellent. A friend of mine back in the US is interested in heading to the Uni in Germany that he did his study abroad at to possibly take up a degree in "Fermentation Sciences" (I THINK that's the translation anyway), so I figure if he can grasp this then he's in decent shape to get started :D

I'd probably also be interested in that level of things once I go AG, but it's probably a bit heavy going for me at the moment :)

Thanks a lot!

I like POBS . . . It's possibly more use than Analysis of Brewing Techniques . . .but ideally the two should be read in conjunction.

It's a bit complex and I feel that Mr Fix focuses a little too much on things that really are not the issues he makes them out to be.

If I want some obscure fact or reference then I'll turn to POBS or AOBT

evanvine said:
Aleman said:
If I want some obscure fact or reference then I'll turn to POBS or AOBT
If I want an obscure fact or reference. I'll turn to aLeMan. :D

:lol: :lol:

Wealth of knowledge is Aleman :thumb:

When's his book coming out :cheers:

Latest posts

Back