Productive 2 days

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ian808

Regular.
Reaction score
On Friday I bottled my evil dog and northern brown so today I started hammer of thor and a coopers real english ale and then went on to bottle coopers european lager. This gives me about 150 litres in bottles and mini kegs and also got a scottish heavy to bottle mid week. Stock is building up nicely but will be using the last of my bottles up with these :cheers:

Will have to drink more to get bottles back

Evil dog seemed real good but it had 3 weeks in FV and then another in cold as was cloudy. Cleared nicely though and has an ABV of 8.3

May I ask how long it was before the Evil Dog started fermenting? Mines at 21 degrees and nothing so far after 21hrs?

It was about 8-12 hours I think at between 18 & 20. There was still a lot of foam around FV after 2 weeks which hadn't totally disappeared after the 3 weeks

Many thanks for reply. Yes that's what I would expect but my update is that after 21hrs absolutely nothing at 24hrs it went crazy it now has a 5 inch foam head on it. It looks like a giant 5 gallon pint if you know what I mean.Panic over.

ian808 said:
It was about 8-12 hours I think at between 18 & 20. There was still a lot of foam around FV after 2 weeks which hadn't totally disappeared after the 3 weeks

Mine was the same, the Krausen didn't drop until I crash cooled the FV.

Mine has just done its first week in the bottle in the warm, the PET bottles are firming up nicely. :thumb:

mattyhall22 said:
ian808 said:

Mine was the same, the Krausen didn't drop until I crash cooled the FV.

Mine has just done its first week in the bottle in the warm, the PET bottles are firming up nicely. :thumb:

It's had great reviews I was thinking of getting another but hoping to get a taste first. I have a few to do so may be able to wait it out and try it in about 6 weeks

Back