Pub Team - Sunday League

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wez

Landlord.
Reaction score
I loved playing sunday league, never made it to the level my older brother did but I seriously enjoyed playing the sunday pub leagues.

I spent a few years as the best left back to ever play for "The Wolferstan Arms" in Shuttington, near Tamworth. :thumb: :lol:

I recall fondly the friendship, the banter and beer, some of the friends i made there made me the man I am.

We used to play this song at home games before we went out to our pitch (on a hill) and full of divets in the hope that it would unsettle the opposition, the likes of "the boot of warton"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7tfyLbin9gs

I am sure we have loads of Sunday former and current Sunday League members and i'd love to hear what you got up to and also the team names :thumb:

You know how quick on the uptake I am Wez, I presume we're not talking about the Darts/Domino team :whistle:

ericstd said:
You know how quick on the uptake I am Wez, I presume we're not talking about the Darts/Domino team :whistle:

:lol: Football

Unless there are 'left backs' in darts and domino's :whistle:

great days , 90 mins on a sunday morning running saturday night excesses off then back to pub to start again ,good thing in earlier days pubs shut at 2/3 so had to go home for dinner then back out at night seems ages ago since i made it out on a sunday night , it seemed in them days that most young lads played for a pub team, in our village every pub had a team some had three , dont think its anywhere near as popular now

I used to play a lot of football, to a decent standard as well.
I was a goalkeeper and played at District level......fell out with the game at 15 (long story) and then played a lot of rugby until the age of about 22 when my ankle (which I broke when I was 17) said enough is enough.

A mate tried to get me back playing Sunday league football when I stopped playing rugby.....I was seriously considering it until I decided to go and watch one of the games.
It was barbaric and I decided against it :lol:

Back